Supporting Your Neighborhood School
We believe that community support is imperative to our success. Without our parents, community organizations, and friends, we could never become the premier educational institution that we hope to be. We encourage you to come join our Home and School Association and the Friends of Vare-Washington and become one of our many valued Vare-Washington Volunteers.
Home and School Association
The Home and School Association (HSA) supports the Vare-Washington faculty and staff in creating a safe, educational, and fun elementary school experience for all students. Our dedicated group of parents fundraises for student enrichment activities, sponsors family and community events, recruits volunteers, and helps parents to engage actively with their child’s education.
There are so many ways to get involved to support Vare-Washington. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Facebook!
Friends of Vare-Washington
Friends of Vare-Washington (FOVW) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, operating under the umbrella of Passyunk Square Civic Association.
The mission and purpose of FOVW is to:
– Enrich the educational experience by providing additional resources to support the staff and students at Vare-Washington.
– Build community support for the school through outreach efforts and collaborative programming.
– Promote and encourage enrollment of students within the catchment, and provide information to support students outside of the catchment who wish to enroll.
– Offer financial support for capital projects as advised by the Vare-Washington administration.
– Develop and maintain an active FOVW membership to foster community engagement.
Email email@example.com to be added to our email list, and follow us on Facebook. We generally meet once a month and post information on our meetings on both Facebook and the mailing list.
Interested in Being a Parent Volunteer?
There are many important volunteer opportunities available at Vare-Washington. From reading with students to staffing the front sign-in table to completing clerical projects, there truly is something for everyone who is interested in getting involved!
In order to be eligible to volunteer, you must first complete ALL parts of the Volunteer Checklist provided here: https://www.philasd.org/face/volunteer/ Once you have completed all of the necessary paperwork listed here, please bring copies to the main office! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4zlc2l7xINWZGxJUVEwTllCVDg/view